The Northern Virginia Internet Access Cooperative (NVIAC) is the Internet Division of Fairfax Public Access (FPA). FPA’s mission to provide to the citizens of Fairfax County Virginia, public access in all manner of media: Television, Radio, and Internet.
- Enterprise-class email
- Available by IMAP, POP, and web
- Better spam protection than Google, Hotmail or Yahoo!
- Built-in anti-virus protection
- UNIX shell accounts accessable via ssh and ftp
- Web pages with the ability to install custom web software
- Low cost, Best Effort Personal Colocation for hosting your personal servers
- Backup MX mail services, DNS services
- FreeBSD used throughout
- 20Mbps fiber from Cox Business with three /24 netblocks, 4 hour SLA
For $232/year, or $20/month, you get the following:
- Membership in Fairfax Public Access
- Up to 5 email addresses @nova.org with Proofpoint Antispam and Webmail
- Unlimited Domain and DNS hosting
- Shell account with SSH, FTP, Apache, PHP 5, Perl 5.8.8, MySQL
We know there are a lot of geeks in Northern Virginia who want a static IP and a decent Internet connection. Starting at USD$40/month, you can host your own server at our colocation datacenter facility. You get power, cooling, bandwidth and access to our Symantec Antispam Appliances. We call it Best Effort Colo: no frills, no guarantees, no SLAs, just cheap personal colo to host your servers. Learn More about our Best Effort Colocation services.
Our datacenter facilities are located in Merrifield, VA just off Route 29 Lee Highway, with easy access from both I-495 at Route 50 and Route 66 at Nutley, and just 1 mile from the Washington DC Metro Orange Line Dunn Loring stop. Nearby Northern Virginia cities include: Herndon, Reston, Chantilly, Centreville, Fairfax, Manassas, Falls Church, Arlington, Annandale, Springfield, Alexandria, Burke, McLean, Great Falls, Oakton, Clifton, Leesburg, Ashburn, Sterling, Fort Belvoir and Lorton. Downtown Washington DC is only a 20 minute hop to our data center (assuming no traffic!). Nearby DC neighborhoods: Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom, Woodley Park, Adams Morgan, Chinatown, Judiciary Square, Columbia Heights, Capitol Hill. Nearby Maryland cities include: Forest Heights, Temple Hills, Fort Washington, Clinton, Cabin John, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Kensington, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, College Park, Hyattsville, Mount Rainier, Bladensburg, Capital Heights.
Perhaps you were looking for something else named “Nova”? Here’s our list of other NOVAs to help you out.